1. What is the registration fee/housing cost for PiTP?
No registration fee is required for PiTP 2020.
Non-local participants will receive accommodations and meals at the subsidized cost of $450 for graduate students and $550 for postdoctorale participants. This fee will provide participants with 12 days of housing on the IAS campus or Princeton dorms (July 12-24) as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner at IAS on program days. PiTP will end after lunch on Friday, July 26th. Participants are responsible for their travel expenses.
Local participants (those who do not need housing accommodations) can pay $100 at registration (Monday, July 13) to cover the subsidized cost of lunch and dinner on program days at IAS. Local participants may also opt to bring their own lunch or pay for lunch as they go. All participants may join special events for free.
2. Do I have to attend PiTP in it's entirety?
Yes, participants are expected to attend the full two weeks of the program. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis, but a price adjustment is not guaranteed.
1. Can I get a refund on my housing payment if I am unable to get a visa?
Yes. We will refund your housing payment if you are unable to get a visa as long as you cancel no later than two weeks (Sunday, June 28, 2020) before the start of the program. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with this.
2. I don't have a credit card. Can I pay for housing with a bank transfer?
Yes. Bank transfers will be accepted for housing payments, or by cash payment at housing check in on Sunday, July 12, 2020. Please contact us at email@example.com for the necessary details.
3. Are the dorms single or will I have a roommate?
Participants will be housed in apartments on the IAS campus. The apartments will be shared by two to three participants of the same gender, with each participant having their own private bedroom. The apartments will have a shared common space, kitchenette, and bathrooms. Apartments are air conditioned.
5. I am arriving before the program start date, leaving after the end date, or planning to travel with a partner/spouse/child, can I extend my stay or may they stay with me?
Additional nights or guests are not available to participants. Program housing will be available from the afternoon of Sunday, July 12 and the last night being Thursday, July 23. Check out will be on the morning of Friday, July 24. More details regarding check in and check out will be given to participants closer to the program.
If you should need to find additional accommodations, please see a list of various local options here.
1. Where can I find tips for how to get to Princeton, New Jersey, USA?
You can view our travel hints pages under Travel Information on the top menu bar.
2. I need to apply for a visa. Do you have any helpful information?
You can visit our visa hints website for information on how to best apply for a U.S. Visa. If you need an official letter of invitation or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Will I need a car to get to the Institute for Advanced Study campus from housing?
IAS program housing is located across the street from the center of our campus. If you plan on driving to IAS, there will be a designated parking lot where you can park your car for the duration of the program. If you are a commuter or auditor staying in nearby lodging, it will depend on how far away your hotel is from the Institute campus. You will not need a parking pass to park daily at the Institute.
4. I am not staying in the dorm accommodations, am arriving early or leaving after the program has completed. Do you have any recommendations for nearby lodging?
There are a number of nearby hotels and lodging options that may be suitable for participants who are interested in either arranging their own accommodations or need additional accommodations due to travel dates.
- There are a number of hotels and motels along the Route 1 corridor in the Princeton area. You can view a list of local hotels here.
- There are also rooms and homes available for rent by the local Princeton community. You can view Airbnb rentals here or Vacation Rentals by Owner here.
If you have any other questions, please email us at email@example.com.